- Mercedes Benz
- Rover (inc. MG)
- Smart Car
- ssangyong cars
We can make to order. We’ll make yours for FREE if we’ve not made for that model before ... Please contact us if your make or model is not listed above.
How do I know If I need new ABS Reluctor Rings
Some or all of the following may be noticed. These indicate that the reluctor ring in your ABS unit has failed and needs replacing:
- ABS light may flash on and off
- Noise occurs when braking at slow speeds
- Pedal fluctuation (like brake judder).
These symptoms occur when ABS should NOT be required due to the broken ring gaining an extra slot.
It is worth noting also:
- The crack in the ring can be easily viewed with the vehicle in lock. Just rotate the wheel slowly and check for a gap in the ring or excessive corrosion.
- In almost all cases it will be on the front wheels only (we know of only one case on the rear wheels).
- One or two rings may be required.
- Even if it is tested at a garage, it may not be detected as there is no fault code for this failure.